Department of assisted reproductive technologies
The Department of assisted reproductive technologies is equipped with the newest high quality equipment, which allows to provide all contemporary types of treatment of sterility. Doctors of the Department have many years of experience in the field of sterility treatment and they constantly co-operate with the leading clinics of France and Israel. All the doctors are members of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology.
The basic directions of scientifically-practical work:
- In vitro fertilization and transfer of embryos (IVF+TE)
- In vitro fertilization by the method of ICSI
- In vitro fertilization by the method of ТЕSЕ (spermatozoa are taken immediately from testicles) or МЕSЕ + РЕSА
- (reception of spermatozoa from epididimus at the heaviest forms of man's sterility).
- Auxiliary hatching.
- Cryopreservation and embryo storage.
- Оocyte donor service.
- Surrogate motherhood (surrogacy).
- Preimplantation genetic diagnostics.
- Artificial insemination by husband's sperm (AIH).
- Artificial insemination by donor's sperm (AID).
- Cryopreservation and storage of donor sperm (bank of donor sperm).
Indications for IVF:
1. Tubo-peritoneal sterility factor.
2. Endocrine infringements.
4. Syndrome of polycyst ovaries.
5. Sterility of not clear genesis.
6. The male factor (decrease of mobility of spermatozoa and their quantities, up to full absence of
spermatozoa in ejaculate).
7. Immunological factors of sterility.
8. Inefficient treatment of long existing sterility.
Method of IVF consists of the following stages:
1. Carrying out stimulation of superovulation with various medicaments, under the influence of which not just one-two
oocytes ripenin woman's ovaries as during a natural menstrual cycle, but 5-10-15 at once.
2. A puncture of follicules and fence of oocytes by transvaginal way under ultrasound control is performed. The
puncture lasts 5-10 minutes under intravenous anesthesia and is an absolutely painless procedure.
3. Fertilization of oocytes with sperm occurs in the first days in a special thermostat in special conditions (temperature,
gas structure, sterility). At low concentration of spermatozoa the injection is made, an intracytoplasmic sperm
injection of chosen spermatozoa of high quality to cytoplasm of oocytes by means of special manipulator (ICSI).
4. On the 3rd day, the best embryos are selected and transferred to woman's uterine cavity by means of special very
thin and flexible catheter under ultrasound control. This manipulation is safe and painless.
5. Within 14-16 days a supporting therapy is recommended, after which a test for pregnancy (urine and/or level
definition β-HCG in blood).
6. Further methods of treatment should always be discussed with the treating doctor, both in cases of positive and
Before providing treatment of sterility through IVF, we first examine the patients.
Pre-IVF examination program includes:
1. Hormones in blood:
On 2nd/3rd day of menstrual cycle:
- LH, FSH, estradiole (E2), prolactine, TSH, ТT4, DHEA-S, testosterone
2. Test for chronic infections:
- Chlamidiosis, mycoplasmosis, ureaplasmosis, cytomegalovirus, herpes, toxoplasmosis, measles
3. Vaginal smear on the degree of cleanliness
4. Bacterial swab from vagina and uterine cervix
5. Colposcopy, dab on oncocytology smear
6. Ultrasound on 5th/8th day of the menstrual cycle, folliculogenesis
7. Thyroid gland ultrasound (upon indications)
8. Mammography or ultrasound of mammary glands (upon indications)
9. Blood analysis on RW, HIV, HBV and HCV
10. Blood group and Rh factor
11. The clinical analysis of blood
12. The biochemical analysis of blood:
- Glucose, cholesterol, total protein, creatinine, total bilirubin
14. The general analysis of urine
15. An electrocardiogram
16. X-ray examination of chest
17. Consultation of the doctor-therapist
18. Consultation of the genetics (under indications)
19. Spermogram of the spouse.
Patients should not consider IVF as a one time course of treatment which guarantees 100 % efficiency. Unfortunately, even in the best clinics of the world productivity of this method does not exceed 40-45% for one attempt.
The success of IVF depends on a set of factors: the patient's age, the condition of uterus, the general condition of organism, and the reason of sterility. Thus, it is difficult to estimate the exact chances of a positive result. Besides, the success of the IVF procedure depends on doctors' skills, equipment of the clinic, and selection of medicines for the therapy. The effectiveness of IVF in RCMCHP is around 35-40%.
A special role in the department of ART is given to the Laboratory of Embryology. The equipment of the Laboratory, the level of preparedness and the experience of the embryologist in many respects define the result of wo