Division performs surgical treatment of gynecological diseases both through traditional (laparotomy or vaginal) and laparoscopy accesses.
For the first time in Armenia, laparoscopy operation in gynecology was done at our Center in 1974. Now the division actively implants new minimal invasive technologies in operative gynecology, particularly in laparoscopy and hysteroscopy surgeries.
The division is equipped with modern endovideosurgical complex "Karl Storz" (Germany). A special computer, which is attached to laparoscopy device, allows writing down surgical intervention in video mode, which is very important for acknowledgement and quality assurance of the executed operation. Hysteroscopy is applied if any doubts occur about possible internal uterine pathology. Diagnostic hysteroscopy allows revealing early internal uterine pathology (sybmucous uterine myoma, polyps and hyperplasia of endometrium, intra uterine septum and adhesions). Doctors of the division are very experienced in hysteroscopy operations.
Methods of post regenerative treatment of gynecologic operations are developed and introduced concerning tumor formations of the uterus and appendages. The first stage begins from the very first day which accelerates the process of healing and reduces the length of patients’ stay in the hospital. The second stage continues with remedial course of physical treatment in out-patient conditions of Outpatient Department.
The operation unite is a structural division, which is a part of the Operative Gynecology Division. Operational unit performs both planned and urgent operations. The operations are performed using modern consumables and the latest equipment. Operational unit also has a separate hall for endoscopic surgery.
Operative interventions carried out in the Operative Gynecology Division:
1. Laparotomy access
- Subtotal hysterectomy with appendages/without appendages.
- High amputation of uterus with preservation of menstrual functions.
- Abdominal hysterectomy with appendages/without appendages.
- Operative interventions on appendages.
- Conservative myomectomy.
- Plastic-reconstructive operations concerning anomalies of development of the sexual system.
2. Vaginal access
- Vaginal hysterectomy without appendages/with appendages at prolapsed genitals.
- Vaginal hysterectomy without appendages/with appendages without prolapsed genitals.
- Electroconization of uterine cervix with the subsequent histology investigation.
- Anterior and posterior colpoperineorrhaphia with levatoroplastics (operative treatment of the
- prolaps of female genitals).
- Free synthetic loop (ТVТ, TOT, TVT-O) - treatment of a urinary incontinence at women.
- Imposing of system Gynecare Prolift Anterior/Posterior/Total.
- Operative treatment of the formations of external genitals and vagina.
3. Laparoscopy access
- Diagnostic laparoscopy.
- Removal of the cysts and tumor formations.
- Operative treatment of the syndrome of polycystic ovaries.
- Treatment of the widespread forms of endometriosis.
- Removal of the tube and organ-saving operation at extra-uterine pregnancy.
- Conservative myomectomy.
- Salpingoovariolizis (separation of adhesions in the field of appendages in pelvic floor).
- Surgical sterilization.
- Laparoscopy assisted vaginal hysterectomy (LAVH).
- Total laparoscopic hysterectomy (TLG).
- Laparoscopy assisted subtotal hysterectomy (LASH).
4. Hysteroscopy access
Separate medical-diagnostic abrasion of cervix and uterine cavity at hyperplasia of the
endometrium (including histology and cytology research).
Histerorezectoscopy (removal of polyps, submucous knots, intra uterine septum and adhesions).
Ablation of the endometrium.
During the postoperative period, the patients are placed in comfortable suites, overseen by doctors of the gynecology division, and provided with three meals per day. After release the women are under the observation of Outpatient Department of the RCMCHP.